the world as we write it

smiley status'

    eat my Twitter?

    The Black Rider

    authentic since 1981 'welcome to my bomboclot mind'

    Wednesday, May 27, 2009

    For real-time mobile news, go to - http://usatoday.mlogic.mobi

    This story has been sent from the mobile device of bombastic4000@yahoo.com. For real-time mobile news, go to .

    NBA rescinds Howard's technical foul from Game 4

    The NBA league office rescinded a technical foul called against Orlando Magic star center Dwight Howard in Game 4 against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

    Taking away the technical foul is of great importance to the Magic because Howard goes back to having five technical fouls in these playoffs. A player is suspended the next game after picking up a seventh technical foul.

    Howard was whistled for a technical foul at the time his sixth technical foul in the third quarter Tuesday night when he celebrated after converted a basket. Howard was grabbed around the shoulders and waist by Cleveland's Anderson Varejao and he exalted upon making the basket anyway.

    GAME 4: Magic take 3-1 lead over Cavs

    The Magic were not happy with the call and felt Howard did not deserve a technical foul for simply celebrating on the play.

    "I guess there is no problem grabbing a guy by the neck as he goes up in the air," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "But you celebrate the basket, that's a problem."

    Howard, who would go on to score 10 of his 27 points in overtime to lift the Magic to a 3-1 lead in the series, hoped the league would reconsider the penalty after a review of the game tape.

    After all, the league had wiped out a technical foul on Kobe Bryant and three of them on Denver's Kenyon Martin earlier in these playoffs. And on Tuesday the NBA changed its mind on the flagrant one foul that Magic guard Anthony Johnson was whistled for in Game 3.

    "All I was doing ... I was just playing with emotion," Howard said. "You get in the game and you score a big bucket you let your emotions take over. I wasn't taunting Varejao or anything. My thing was, it was a tough play, he grabbed me around the neck and I made the shot, so hopefully they will look at it."

    Howard already was suspended one game in the Magic's first-round series for his elbow on 76ers center Samuel Dalembert. Howard had joked after receiving his fifth technical foul of the postseason that he was going to start wearing thick elbow pads and duct tape his mouth.

    "I might have to get some duct tape for real," Howard said after Game 4.

    Contributing: Wire reports

    No comments:

    About Me

    My photo
    If you know me then you know my name. I am The Black Rider and the world is my Flame. The rider writes, observes, creates, produces, and learns the world around him. Ride on. Ride on!

    The Remnants

    Powered By Blogger